QuickBooks can’t find the company files path or is having issues with the company files? Well, these issues come under the category of Quickbooks Error 6000 77. Users sometimes ignore these errors due to which the problem starts damaging the company files as well as the system. So, you must not cause any delay in the fixation process. With proper guidance, you can easily tackle these company errors.
Here in this informative post, you will go through Quickbooks Error 6000 77 in detail, why it occurs, and the best troubleshooting steps. Let’s get started.
Reasons Behind Quickbooks Error 6000 77
You must start fixing this issue immediately as you repeatedly get error code messages on the screen that stop you from completing your work. Now, let’s find out more reasons for this annoying problem:
- You might have stored the QBs company file in a hard drive (external) rather than an internal hard disk.
- Quickbooks fails to access the company file.
- Some third-party software or app is obstructing the functioning of Quickbooks. It occurs mostly in multi-user mode.
- Insufficient permissions to the software.
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code (-6000, -77) Using Permanent Solutions
Note: Always create a backup before applying any troubleshooting steps. Now, let’s begin exploring the best troubleshooting techniques for Quickbooks Error -6000, -77.
Method 1: Quickbooks File Doctor
This astonishing tool is widely known for repairing thousands of Quickbooks errors automatically. You just have to click on it and the tool will start identifying and fixing the issue instantly. Let’s learn how to utilize this tool.
- Reach the Intuit website and start downloading QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download the file and then access it.
- Going further, tap on “Next” on the installation wizard prompt.
- Follow the screen guidelines, then accept the terms/conditions for installing the tool.
- After that hit “Finish”.
- Then open the tool.
- After opening the tool you will see a home dashboard. Navigate to “Company File Issues”.
- Now, tap on “Run Quickbooks File Doctor”.
- Pick the company file having problems and tap on “Repair”.
- Now the tool will self-identify the issue and repair it instantly.
Method 2: Windows SFC- System File Checker Scan
An (SFC) is helpful in repairing the broken/corrupted files. Just perform the scan and it will self repair the error. Let’s learn the entire procedure.
- First of all, hit “Start” and tap on “Command Prompt”.
- Now on the Command Prompt screen, write “SFC/Scan” and hit “Enter”.
- Then the scan will be initiated and self-identify the issues in the QB software.
- You don’t have to leave the window until the scan is completely finished.
- At last, the concerned errors will be gone from the system.
Method 3: Renaming the .ND (Network Data) File
- For renaming, open the folder having the company file.
- Then, check the files and choose those files that have a .nd extension.
- Going further, right-tap on the.ND file and click “Rename”.
- Then add old at the file name’s end. For example tax2020.qbw.nd.old
- At last, access the QB company file and see if the Quickbooks Error 6000 77 is still annoying you or not.
Method 4: Performing a Clean Install
When you perform a clean install then issues such as broken, corrupt, or damaged files can be fixed. To use it, check out the following instructions:
- Firstly, open the QB Tool Hub. You can check out the downloading steps above.
- Now, access the tool.
- On the dashboard screen, navigate to “Installation Issues”.
- Going further, tap on “Clean Install Tool”.
- Now the tool will start a self-repairing process to fix the issue within seconds.
Method 5: Disable the Antivirus
Sometimes, firewalls and third party apps like antivirus block the communication and stop Quickbooks from performing well. This is why it is advisable to disable the antivirus for some time to enable the software to work smoothly.
This informative post is a handbook for you to resolve Quickbooks Error 6000 77 instantly. From basic troubleshooting steps to advanced solutions, this post provides almost everything to kick the issue. Just go through this write-up thoroughly and come out of the problematic error you are facing.